Assessment and Reporting
At Waterloo Primary School our school priority for the academic year 2022 - 2023 continues to be to accelerate pupil progress and we endeavour to support all pupils in making good or better progress whilst raising confidence and self-esteem. We see assessment as central to this. This includes:
- Teacher Marking work and feedback
- Group Work
- Formal Summative Assessments (Including National Tests)
- Weekly Tests (Spellings, Mental Maths etc)
- To ensure children progress, knowing their achievements and what they need to do next
- To internally track pupils for attainment and progress
- To ensure teacher planning is amended in order that the teaching and learning meet the needs of all children ie lessons are adapted based on assessment within lessons
- To have a consistent approach that measures school progress against national standards
The simple view of teaching
Parents are kept informed through progress meetings and a written report in July (which will include statutory data results.
We also encourage parents to make an appointment to discuss any aspect of their child’s education if they have any questions or concerns through the year. Parent’s feedback is collected at the progress meetings and on receipt of their child’s report.